All commercial businesses in Delaware must take part in a comprehensive recycling program. Universal, comprehensive recycling is required by Delaware state law. This includes for profit and not-for profit retail and wholesale stores, offices, food service establishments, warehouses, and other manufacturing, industrial, or processing activities. And it includes institutions such as social, charitable, educations, health care, professional, and government services.
Waste haulers are required to provide single-stream recycling collection to both single and multi-family residential customers, and most bars and restaurants. The goal of the Universal Recycling Law is to maximize the convenience of recycling and minimize the amount of trash disposed in Delaware. Recycling keeps raw materials in the manufacturing sector, creates jobs, and promotes sustainability.
- Letter to Businesses, Organizations, and Municipalities Regarding Universal Recycling [PDF]
- Click here for information on recycling grant opportunities, commercial recycling toolkits, and information by topic.
- 12th Annual Report of the Recycling Public Advisory Council [PDF]
- Recycling Info by Topic
- Contact Us
- DSWA List of Residential Waste Haulers
- What's Recyclable in Delaware
- Universal Recycling Legislation
- Bottle Fee Info for Retailers
- Yard Waste Information
- How to Recycle Guide [PDF]